The internet started about 20 years ago. I was running a bulletin Board by then. When I saw the Internet the first time I instantly knew this was the future. Mainly words with some pictures, but the words could be formatted and that was a huge step forward in customer friendliness.
In the meantime we have much more bandwidth and reached what is called Web 2.0.
But writing still is the easiest and cheapest way to create content - maybe making photos with your mobile or camera is as easy.
We are here to make money, remember. What has writing to do with making money?
If you like to write, you can start working and earn as a writer and get paid almost instantly. Here is a link!
The big advantage is that you have no up front payment, but after the project is done and the customer payed you you have to pay about 10 % for their service. I also see a lot of people looking for writers and looking for writers from the Philippines!
Do you know why we will write?
We will write interesting things, to funnel or channel traffic to our sites.
- The first thing that comes to mind is to write the content of your web page.
- Then you should write articles as part of your web site for SEO purposes, in short the get a better ranking in the Search engines.
- Then you can write a blog that is also something static, meaning you need to find a way that people come to read your blog.
- The next option is to write articles (which contain your links) and distribute them to Article directories
- You need to write emails for your autorespondser(s)
- You need to write landing pages (let's say you write an article about Geocaching and have a link for a special tracking device. You do not send them to your homepage, but to a landing pages, which is a pre-sales letter and there they find a link to the sales page of the company you are affiliated with.)
- You need to write "thank you" letters
- You can write content (things you want to sell like ebooks)
If you look at this blog, it is basically a character desert, no pictures! I do not want to distract you. If you have a photo or a mobile with a good camera, make snaps and uses them (ideally connected to the niche)! The pics might not bring you a better ranking, but they make it more fun to read for your prospects.
If it is to much for you to do ( that is my excuse) maybe you have a friend who likes to photograph and would be happy, if you offer him a way to get exposed.
What can you do, if you do not like to write?
You can hire a writer as described earlier. The bad thing is this costs money.
Like with the pictured, maybe you have a friend or a relative who likes to write. Why not join forces?
You start your affiliate business together! And you share the income!
It is a win-win situation!!
And what will you write about?
Did you do your homework with CLICK BANK?
Have you already decided which niche you want to start with?
Think about it (talk with your writer, if you have joined forces) and search the net for similar blogs!
Most likely, whatever you choose, there is already something there!
No, this is no reason to get depressed, it is a challenge!
Look at these blog(s), analyze them and think about a way to be different!
You write to get readers and bring them to your sales pages! You need to write 1 to 2 articles per week! When I started, I could write a max of 2 articles per day. So consider it will take time or cost you money to get the articles written. Consider an article between 300 and 500 words
Secret teaching: If one of the blogs has many followers, have a look at the keywords and use the same! As far as I know there is no copyright on keyword usage (yet)!!
There are a number of sites where you can start a blog for free. Blogsphere from Google or word press to name just two. There are others you can google them. I have a blog at word-press (http://makelovework.wordpress.com ). I think the functionality of the blog is better at wordpress, but it is up to you to decide. With Google you have some other goole features that are nicely integrated
So what are your tasks today?
- Look again at your chosen niche
- Find blogs that address the niche "community"
- think up or steal your keywords
- Open a blog account
- Introduce yourself - make it personal to build trust, but remember you want to sell and not confess!
- make a plan what to write the first 3 month
One last but important thing for today!
Start writing down you user names and passwords! Use a program like keykocker or use a notebook (mobile phones go well too), but hide it! soon the notbook will be more worth that your bank account!